3rd Six Weeks: Week 3
6th Grade World Cultures: Students are in Unit 3 learning about the governments of Canada and the United States. Students have a study island assignment titled Limited and Unlimited Governments due Friday. Questions students should be able to answer by the end of the week:
- Why is government limited in this region?
- What historical influences played a role in the creation of limited governments in this region?
- What is similar and different about governmental systems in the United States and Canada?
- What ideas about government were brought to this region by colonists?
7th Grade Texas History: Students are in Unit 3 learning about Texas settlement during the early 1800s. Students have an assignment posted on TEAMS. They are to sketch an office of an Empresario and write a one page summary of why the office contains items that an Empresario would likely have. Questions students should be able to answer:
- Why did the Mexican government pass colonization laws for Texas?
- What responsibilities did empresarios and immigrants have?
8th Grade US History: Students are in Unit 3 learning about the Road to Revolution. Students will analyze the Declaration of Independence and the compare the British and Colonial armies. Assignments due by Friday are: In-class participation Analyzing the D.O.I and a homework assignment VOKI that compares the British and Colonial armies. Questions students should be able to answer by the end of the week:
- What was significant about the colonists issuing a document declaring independence?
- What grievances did the colonists include in the Declaration of Independence?
- How do the British and Colonial armies compare?